16 resultsfor “crew quarantine measures for hantavirus”
hantavirus outbreak](/news/2026/5/4/what-is-hantavirus-suspected-in-deaths-of-three-people-on-cruise-ship) as “low risk”. “While additional cases may still occur among passengers and crew members exposed before containment measures were implemented, the risk of onward transmission is expected to be reduced following disembarkation
measures governments are currently taking are adequate. “Quarantine of individuals with potential exposure is important, and quarantine should be extensive since the virus may present an incubation period for up to several weeks during which
crew will also quarantine at Bullsbrook. None of the passengers have displayed symptoms of hantavirus, and no other Australian citizens or permanent residents were known to be on board the ship. The World [Health
hantavirus yesterday has been confirmed as positive,” the Health Ministry said. “Yesterday the patient had a slight fever and minor respiratory symptoms, although at present he is stable and without any evident clinical deterioration
hantavirus was confirmed to be negative. Maria Van Kerkhove, the director of the WHO’s department for epidemic and pandemic preparedness and prevention, said on Friday that the earlier count “included one individual
hantavirus on board the MV Hondius cruise ship, it is finally approaching Tenerife in the Canary Islands. Intensive preparations have been under way to receive the ship in the port of Granadilla and help more
measures, the risk to the public remains extremely low," she added. A total of 31 British nationals - a mix of passengers and crew - set sail on the cruise. Some disembarked before the first confirmed case
hantavirus outbreak since it departed from Argentina a month ago. Spanish authorities have given permission for the ship to dock in the Canary Islands, despite concerns from local officials. [About 150 people are still aboard
quarantine over possible exposure to the virus after treating one of the evacuated passengers. The hospital in the city of Nijmegen said on Monday this was a precautionary measure, as the workers did not follow
crew. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus urged countries to follow the WHO’s advice and recommendations, which include a 42-day quarantine and constant monitoring of high-risk contacts. “At the moment, there is no sign that
quarantine site at Arrowe Park hospital in Wirral, [Merseyside](https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/merseyside), is being used to house 20 British passengers who were tested for hantavirus before boarding the flight. One German national
crew members onboard [the hantavirus-stricken cruise ship](https://www.theguardian.com/world/2026/may/07/where-cruise-ship-hantavirus-from-what-next-canary-islands). The Dutch-flagged vessel, which was sailing from Argentina to Cape Verde, is due to arrive off the Canary island of Tenerife at around
measures and access to testing, according to the agency. One of the women who died was a passenger from Germany. According to the WHO, the woman initially developed a fever on 28 April and eventually
measure, Europe’s public health agency said late on Saturday as part of its rapid scientific advice. In Tenerife, the passengers will be tested by Spanish health authorities to ensure they remain asymptomatic and will
measures", Oceanwide Expeditions said. In its latest update, the World Health Organization (WHO) said eight cases of hantavirus - three confirmed and five suspected - have so far been identified in people who were on the ship
measure" and that none of them were showing symptoms. Meanwhile, clinical assessments and testing of passengers who were on board the MV Hondius are "well under way" at a Merseyside hospital, health officials said