123 resultsfor “Israeli attacks in Lebanon news”
Israeli forces killed at least eight people in Habboush in the Nabatieh district on Friday, and wounded at least eight others, including another child and a woman. The Lebanese Civilian Defence searched through the rubble
Lebanon despite a US-brokered ceasefire, signalling a widening of the conflict beyond the country’s south. - **Hezbollah steps up attacks:** Hezbollah says its fighters carried out 17 targeted strikes against Israeli forces inside Lebanese
news briefing on Thursday that “peace in Lebanon and cessation of armed attacks in Lebanon are essential for peace talks”. In Lebanon, there were widespread celebrations at the fragile ceasefire. In Beirut, cars with mattresses
Israeli attacks continue across towns and villages in southern Lebanon. Here is what we know: ## In Iran - **Iran urges BRICS to condemn US and Israel:** Araghchi told the BRICS+ bloc that Iran was a “victim
Israeli phone number that she would be killed if she did not leave southern Lebanon, where she was based. - **What is a double-tap attack?** Forces [target a location](https://www.theguardian.com/world/2026/apr/16/israel-escalates-attacks-on-medics-in-lebanon-with-deadly-quadruple-tap), wait until people
attacks" across Lebanon and "no freedom of movement for Israeli forces". The Iran-backed group, while deeply embedded in Lebanon, is not part of the Lebanese government's security apparatus. Iran's foreign ministry welcomed
attacks on Iran on Feb. 28. Israeli forces responded with airstrikes and a ground invasion of southern Lebanon. In his remarks shortly after the ceasefire was announced, Netanyahu made clear Israel did not intend
news you need to start your day.* ### Today's top stories **Tensions are rising in the two ceasefires in the Middle East.** Iran has [not officially recognized](https://one.npr.org/?sharedMediaId=nx-s1-5796726:x) the ceasefire that President Trump
News on Monday, Rubio said the latest proposal by Iran, first reported by Axios, was "better than what we thought they were going to submit." But he said that the U.S. administration faced "a deeply
News Agency (NNA) reported, further straining the fragile ceasefire. An Israeli strike hit a car in at-Tiri, a village in south Lebanon, killing two people inside, NNA said on Wednesday. It later said several
Israeli jets have targeted more than 10 towns in southern Lebanon as the ceasefire between Iran and the United States appears to be holding despite naval skirmishes near the Strait of Hormuz. Israel on Saturday
Israeli attacks have displaced more than 1.2 million people in Lebanon, among them 500,000 school-aged children, according to UNESCO. Not only are hundreds of thousands of students displaced, but many of the schools
Israeli war with Iran, claiming that his government secured major concessions before a [possible next round](/news/2026/4/16/no-date-set-for-us-iran-talks-as-pakistan-pushes-to-keep-diplomacy-alive) of ceasefire talks. Posted on Truth Social on Friday, Trump’s statements [claimed](https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/116420562510387829) that Iran
Israeli strike killed three people in southern Lebanon, and senior officials in Tehran have blamed Washington for stalled negotiations, citing the US naval blockade of Iranian ports. Here is what we know: ## In Iran - **Trump
news network last week found that almost 80% of respondents supported continued strikes on Hezbollah. And three separate surveys suggested a majority of Israelis also opposed to two-week ceasefire Trump agreed with Iran. "Agreements
attack on Iran. Hezbollah sided with Iran and launched rockets at Israel, which responded with intense bombardment of Beirut and other cities, and launched an [invasion of southern Lebanon](https://www.theguardian.com/world/2026/apr/12/how-israeli-offensive-destroyed-entire-villages-in-lebanon). In a statement
News Agency later reported a series of Israeli strikes across southern Lebanon, including on towns not mentioned in the displacement order. Since April 17, a fragile United States-brokered ceasefire has been in place between
Israeli attacks on Iran on February 28, according to the semi-official Tasnim news agency and the state-owned media organization Press TV. ### [National](https://www.npr.org/sections/national/) ### [How the war in Iran is affecting
News has reported that Washington may give Israel the "green light" to resume "operations". One of the main options it says Israel is considering is to expand the so-called "Yellow Line" marking some
news agency the 48-year-old nun is a researcher at the institution and did not wish to speak publicly. ## Rising attacks on Christians Attacks on Christian communities in occupied East Jerusalem and Israel have