25 resultsfor “current Ebola cases in Uganda”
Ebola was also documented in Uganda, but Tedros said that the situation there was “currently stable”, after one death linked to a case
Uganda probably caused the WHO to act quickly. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images “In addition, the outbreak is now thought to be caused by Bundibugyo virus, a rare Ebola-causing virus for which there are currently
current strain of Ebola is caused by the Bundibugyo virus, for which there are no approved drugs or vaccines. There are also two confirmed cases and one death in Uganda
current outbreak? The number of Ebola cases has been growing – and growing by a lot — each day since the World Health Organization declared a public health emergency on Saturday. The latest toll? More than
Uganda was infected with the Bundibugyo strain of Ebola, first identified in 2007. The World Health Organization declared an international health emergency on May 17, 2026 over an outbreak of an Ebola strain
Uganda has recorded two laboratory-confirmed cases linked to travellers arriving from the DRC, including one death in the capital, Kampala. “The number of cases and deaths we are seeing in such a short timeframe
case of an outbreak. Following the Ebola outbreak in the DRC and Uganda, the WHO has deployed experts, personal protective equipment (PPE), laboratory support and emergency funding while coordinating regional preparedness efforts. But these sorts
case scenario - hopefully contact tracing and quarantine is all that's needed, but we can't take our foot off the gas." This current Ebola outbreak is challenging because it is caused by a rare
Uganda](https://www.theguardian.com/world/uganda). Officials with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed the case on Monday and said the individual was being evacuated to Germany. They developed symptoms over the weekend
Uganda has killed more than 130 people, with more than 500 suspected cases. World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said he was “deeply concerned about the scale and speed of the epidemic
cases of the deadly haemorrhagic fever reported so far in Ituri province, which shares borders with Uganda and South Sudan. Officials at the [Africa](https://www.theguardian.com/world/africa) Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa
case involved a woman who had travelled to the city after her husband died of Ebola in Bunia, Jean-Jacques Muyembe, the director of the Congolese Institut National de Recherche Biomédicale (INRB), told AFP news
current outbreak involves the rare Bundibugyo variant, which has no approved treatment or vaccine. It is named after the district in western Uganda where it was first discovered in 2007. Jean-Jacques Muyembe-Tamfum
Uganda. Cases have also been identified in Butembo city and rebel-controlled Goma in North Kivu province, as well as in South Kivu province. Health officials say that several deaths occurred in the community without
cases in the US would be challenging with our current workforce,” Gronvall said. She added: “It is a strategic mistake – and a national security vulnerability – that we are worse off now to handle infectious disease
current strain of Ebola is caused by the Bundibugyo virus, the health agency said, for which there are no approved drugs or vaccines. The WHO said there are now eight laboratory-confirmed cases
Uganda,” Tedros told the World Health Assembly in Geneva. ## What do we know about the new strain? How deadly is it? The Bundibugyo strain of Ebola is a distinct species within the Ebola virus family
Ebola in the outbreak in central Africa, with more than 600 suspected cases identified. Officials did not specify if the passenger was showing symptoms of the virus or when the person was last
Ebola infections from the current outbreak have so far been recorded. “The person concerned, a compatriot aged 28, unfortunately succumbed to the disease before the diagnosis was confirmed,” the spokesman added. The Congolese authorities
cases](/video/newsfeed/2026/5/16/outbreak-of-rare-strain-of-ebola-claims-at-least-65-lives-in-dr-congo). The WHO chief said on Tuesday that he was “deeply concerned about the scale and speed of the epidemic”, which has already started spreading into Uganda. “Early on Sunday, I declared a public