9 resultsfor “Bundibugyo Ebola outbreak news”
outbreak in DR Congo as an international emergency, with 336 suspected cases and 88 deaths reported. The current strain of Ebola is caused by the Bundibugyo virus, for which there are no approved drugs
news conference that the organisation’s “absolute priority now is to identify all the existing chains of transmission”. “That will then enable us to really define the scale of the outbreak and be able
Ebola, but the Bundibugyo species - which has not been seen for more than a decade - brings its own difficulties. Bundibugyo has only caused two previous outbreaks, when it killed about a third of those infected
Bundibugyo virus, which has no approved treatments or vaccines. The outbreak, which has spread into urban areas, has been declared a public health emergency requiring international response. Dr Peter Stafford, a surgeon and leader
Bundibugyo in animal studies. “When you have an outbreak with a strain that does not have countermeasures, we are going to advise on the best approach to take,” said Dr Mosoka Fallah, acting director
Bundibugyo, so there's not a lot of data. The other big challenge is that there are no vaccines or specific treatments for this particular strain of Ebola. This stands in contrast to the Zaire
Bundibugyo, making it harder to treat. An additional complication is that the outbreak is taking place in a conflict zone, with a quarter of million people displaced from their homes and people moving across porous
news you need to start your day.* ### Today's top stories **Sen. Bill Cassidy of Louisiana lost his bid for reelection on Saturday.** He is one of seven Republican senators who voted to remove President
Bundibugyo strain was detected, it had already spread quite far. We are in a game of catch-up," its DR Congo representative Greg Ramm said in a statement. Authorities warn that the spread