34 resultsfor “suspected Ebola deaths in DR Congo”
DR Congo's Ebola outbreak, which has resulted in more than 170 suspected deaths and 750 suspected
DR Congo as an international emergency, with 336 suspected cases and 88 deaths reported. The current strain of Ebola
Congo. Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said there had been at least 500 suspected cases of Ebola and 130 suspected deaths
DR Congo a global health emergency The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo's eastern Ituri province a public health emergency of international concern. The agency
DR Congo as deadly virus spreads Fear has gripped Ebola-hit areas in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo as the suspected number of deaths
DR Congo's Ebola outbreak, and likely caught it while managing dead bodies. The outbreak has resulted in more than 200 suspected deaths
Ebola, known as Bundibugyo, has no proven vaccine and kills around a third of those infected. So far, the outbreak centred on DR Congo has resulted in 177 suspected deaths
Ebola and 139 suspected deaths, with numbers expected to rise further given the time taken to detect the virus. Fifty-one cases have now been confirmed in the Democratic Republic of Congo - where the first
suspected deaths, up from 246 cases and 65 deaths when it was first reported a week earlier. The situation is “deeply worrisome”, said Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the WHO director-general. On Thursday, tents
deaths and almost 600 suspected cases. But "the scale of the epidemic is much larger," he said. The London-based MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis estimated that cases have been substantially undercounted
DR Congo passes 900 as health workers face attacks and shortages Congolese authorities say that suspected [Ebola](https://www.theguardian.com/world/ebola) cases have now passed 900 in the ongoing outbreak in the east of the country
DR Congo Health officials have raised the alarm over an outbreak of the Ebola virus in a remote region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has been flown to [Germany](https://www.theguardian.com/world/germany) for treatment, along with his wife and four children, as the World Health Organization warned of the “scale
DR Congo? The outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo is concerning. It has been spreading for weeks undetected in a part of the world where civil war makes getting
suspected-Ebola deaths. Loading... The vast majority of the cases are in a province in northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo — a remote place struggling after decades of bloody conflict. There are also two cases
DR Congo Ebola cases rise amid distrust, armed conflict zone  Red Cross workers bury
suspected Ebola cases have already been recorded, with more than 130 deaths. Sadiki Patrick can hardly believe what happened to his daughter. She had shown symptoms of malaria in April, and was initially treated
DR Congo The World Health Organization (WHO) has upgraded the public health risk of the [Ebola](/news/2026/5/20/who-says-600-cases-139-suspected-deaths-in-growing-ebola-outbreak) outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo from high to “very high” as the deadly outbreak continues
suspected cases also reported in neighbouring Bunia. Dr Michael Head, senior research fellow in global health at the University of Southampton in the UK, said: “The Democratic Republic of the Congo often sees fatalities from
Congo](https://www.theguardian.com/world/congo), Uganda or South Sudan in response to the Ebola outbreak could make the situation worse, critics have said. The outbreak was declared a public health emergency of international concern on Sunday