10 resultsfor “Israel detention sexual assault reports”
Israel says that cases of sexual violence by its soldiers are isolated incidents, and not part of a wider policy. ## Rape in prisons Sexual assaults against Palestinians in Israeli prisons have also been reported
reported](https://www.theguardian.com/world/2026/apr/21/israeli-soldiers-using-sexual-assault-to-force-palestinians-out-of-west-bank-report-says) that Israeli soldiers and settlers were using sexual assault as a tool to force Palestinians out of their homes in the occupied West Bank. Allegations of sexual assault of detainees
report incidents of sexual assault. Another two, Saif Abu Keshek and Thiago Ávila, were forcibly taken to Israel, where they faced terrorism charges and were beaten and tortured while in detention
sexually assaulting a Palestinian inmate in the notorious Sde Teiman detention camp to return to reserve service after charges against them were dropped, according to Israeli media reports. The soldiers, all from the Force
detention Activists [released from Israeli custody](https://www.theguardian.com/world/2026/may/21/uk-israel-video-itama-ben-gvir) after being detained on a flotilla trying to take aid to Gaza were subjected to abuse, organisers have alleged, with several hospitalised with injuries
detention, including at least 15 reporting incidents of sexual assault or rape. The Global Sumud Flotilla organisers added in a statement on Telegram on Friday that several activists were hospitalised with injuries, a day after
report that found nearly a third of Palestinian journalists detained by Israel had faced sexual violence. The accounts included that of Sami al-Sai, a 46-year-old Palestinian freelance journalist, who said
Israel's 'standard operating procedures' and 'a major element in the ill treatment of Palestinians'." Kristof said his reporting was "based on conversations with 14 men and women who said they had been sexually assaulted
assaulted three times by Israeli prison guards in the past month. The Israeli Prison Service (IPS) said that "the allegations made are false and baseless". Marwan Barghouti was convicted by an Israeli court of planning
sexual abuse, during past interceptions by Israeli officials. Organisers have also accused Israeli naval forces of firing “rubber bullets” at activists during the latest interception, which occurred in international waters. Activists fear the sanctions