14 resultsfor “Ebola cases reported in Uganda”
Ebola outbreak in the DRC occurred from 2018 to 2020 and killed nearly 2,300 people. Some cases were also reported in Uganda
reported. The current strain of Ebola is caused by the Bundibugyo virus, for which there are no approved drugs or vaccines. There are also two confirmed cases and one death in Uganda
Ebola has killed 65 people in the [Democratic Republic of the Congo](https://www.theguardian.com/world/congo), according to African health officials. There have been 246 suspected cases of the deadly haemorrhagic fever reported
Ebola and 130 suspected deaths in DRC since the new outbreak began. Thirty cases had been confirmed in DRC’s north-eastern province of Ituri, and one death and one case had been confirmed
Ebola cases and 65 deaths in the Ituri province in the northeast of the country. Concern is high regarding the potential spread of the virus, with efforts to control it complicated by a [precarious security
reported in the DRC's eastern Ituri province on Friday and there are already hundreds of suspected cases, including one that crossed the border into Uganda. The latest strain of the virus has no vaccine
cases of the highly contagious haemorrhagic fever have been recorded in eastern DRC, according to the health ministry, with one death also reported in neighbouring Uganda. This has raised concerns that the disease could spread
reported cases were in the Ituri towns of Mongwalu and Rwampara, as well as Bunia. There has also been a case in eastern DR Congo's biggest city, Goma, which has a population of around
Ebola is caused by the Bundibugyo virus, the health agency said, for which there are no approved drugs or vaccines. The WHO said there are now eight laboratory-confirmed cases of the virus, with other
Ebola virus first identified in neighbouring Uganda, is highly lethal and is spreading rapidly across the northeastern province of Ituri, including the health zones of Rwampara, Mongwalu and Bunia. Two cases have also been confirmed
Ebola in our region,” said Dieudonné Lossadekana, 51, a civil society coordinator in Bunia city, where the first suspected case was reported. “We’ve already recorded several dozen deaths. For us, it is heartbreaking
Uganda. Nearby countries are now on alert. WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in a statement that the declaration "does not meet the criteria of pandemic emergency" and [advised countries against closing their borders
Uganda to declaring it an international public health emergency two days later. By that time, the toll was notable. More than 200 people had been infected, and more than 80had died before the disease
case of an outbreak. Following the Ebola outbreak in the DRC and Uganda, the WHO has deployed experts, personal protective equipment (PPE), laboratory support and emergency funding while coordinating regional preparedness efforts. But these sorts