165 resultsfor “Iran response to US threats”
responsibility at Friday’s meeting of NATO foreign ministers. NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte, who has worked hard in recent months to try to soothe the US president’s displeasure with his alliance peers, welcomed
response from them today at some point … I hope it’s a serious offer, I really do … The hope is it’s something that can put us into a serious process of negotiation.”. There have
threats” or while the blockade remains in place, underscoring the fragile and uncertain path to talks. Meanwhile, violence continues across the region, with Israeli settlers killing two people, including a child, in the occupied West
Iran and spend more time “fixing his broken country”. The US president has also called NATO a “paper tiger” and “absolutely useless”. ## ‘Changing US objectives’ Former US diplomat Donald Jensen said the US’s announced
threat to the US than Iran itself, as he came under pressure to set out Washington’s strategy for the conflict. Appearing before the House armed services committee alongside Gen Dan Caine, chair
responsibility we have been given by Canadians. We will achieve it together.” Carney’s Liberals were [handed a minority government mandate by voters last year](https://www.theguardian.com/world/2025/apr/29/canada-election-result-liberal-win-mark-carney-anti-trump). But the constant threat of [Donald Trump
threats as a “violation of Iraqi sovereignty”. But Iraqi politicians can ill afford to take on Trump at a time when the country’s oil exports have plummeted in the wake of the Iran
threat to our security”. In a speech, the first sea lord said the 10 members of the Joint Expeditionary Force (Jef), had signed last week a statement of intent, to create a “multinational maritime force
responsiveness”. Known as the “southern shield,” the new front in Japan’s defence strategy has seen the Japan Self-Defense Forces (JSDF), as the country’s military is formally known, deploy a range of weapons
response to China’s power in the region. While existing since 2007, the largely defunct grouping was revived in 2017 and has regularly stoked Beijing’s discontent. The Quad meeting comes after US President Donald
threat against the whole people of Iran, and this is truly unacceptable,” Leo said in Italian. “And I wish to invite all to really think deep inside their heart about … innocent people who are also
threats of bombing if Tehran does not accept a deal that allows for resumption of oil and natural gas shipments disrupted by the conflict. "They have to understand: If it doesn't get signed, they
response than before. We have many winning cards that we have not yet used,” he added. ## War diplomacy - ****Trump slams Merz:**** Trump lashed out at German Chancellor Friedrich Merz over the Iran war, after comments
Iran, following which Trump announced the withdrawal of 5,000 US troops from the country. President Trump has also often complained about an imbalance in the car trade, saying the EU does not import enough
US State Department appeared to allow Israel to act in what it defines as self-defence. “And Israel defines that fairly broadly, so not just imminent and ongoing threats, but even planned ones,” she said
response to US-Israeli attacks on Iran in late February, Tehran effectively closed the strait to vessels, only allowing a relatively small number of ships from “friendly” countries like China, Malaysia and Pakistan through
Iran-aligned Hezbollah that the group had used a missile to shoot down an Israeli drone in southern Lebanon. Al Jazeera’s Heidi Pett, reporting from the Lebanese city of Tyre, said there is still
US and Israel began their war on Iran in February. The United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) has raised the piracy threat level along the Somali coast to “substantial” and warned vessels to “transit with
threat," said Smith, the ranking Democrat on the committee. "Now you're saying that it was completely obliterated?" Hegseth responded that Iran "had not given up their nuclear ambitions" and still had thousands of missiles
response, aimed at alleviating the suffering of the Cuban people,” the trio said. While the statement did not directly reference the US, it called for respect for “territorial integrity, sovereign equality and peaceful settlement