47 resultsfor “Ebola deaths in Democratic Republic of Congo”
Democratic Republic of Congo from suspected Ebola likely caught while managing dead bodies, the organisation has said. They are believed to have contracted Ebola on 27 March while working in the eastern region of Ituri
Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), with two cases and one death in Uganda and potential spread to neighboring South Sudan. The outbreak “might have been going on for a few months”, said Kristian Andersen
Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Uganda is a “public health emergency of international concern”. No vaccine or treatment exists for the new Bundibugyo strain of Ebola, a disease whose strains have killed more
Democratic Republic of the Congo from high to “very high” as the deadly outbreak continues to spread. WHO chief, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, announced on Friday that they were revising their risk assessment for the Bundibugyo
Democratic Republic of the Congo often sees fatalities from Ebola. There is likely a perfect storm of factors that cause these regular outbreaks. Close human contact with animal reservoirs, most likely bats but possibly also
Democratic Republic of Congo, where medics are scrambling to respond to an outbreak of Ebola, have brought back haunting memories for those who have lived through similar crises. A decade ago Faley found himself
Democratic Republic of Congo has been increased from "high" to "very high" by the World Health Organization (WHO). In an update on Friday, the WHO's head Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus also said the risk
Democratic Republic of Congo is concerning. It has been spreading for weeks undetected in a part of the world where civil war makes getting on top of the virus difficult, and the species of Ebola
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in the past 21 days must fly into IAD, an airport in a Virginia suburb of Washington, DC. Two additional U.S. airport [options were added](https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/announcements/modification-list-designated-airports-regarding-arrival-restrictions) Friday evening
Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) as the World Health Organization warns the outbreak could worsen in the DRC and Uganda On Thursday, the Rwampara health centre was stormed by a group of angry residents
Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is grappling with a new Ebola outbreak just five months after declaring its previous epidemic over. The Bundibugyo strain, a type of Ebola virus first identified in neighbouring Uganda
Democratic Republic of the Congo](https://www.theguardian.com/world/congo) and Uganda scramble to contain an outbreak of Ebola. The [Global Preparedness Monitoring Board](https://www.gpmb.org/) (GPMB) said in a report [published on Monday](https://gpmb.org
Democratic Republic of the Congo](https://www.theguardian.com/world/congo). He said cases of the disease had been reported locally and panic was engulfing the area because of the lack of a vaccine for the Bundibudyo strain
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) are concerned about an Ebola outbreak in the country's Ituri province. There are already hundreds of suspected cases, including one that crossed the border into Uganda. The latest strain
Democratic Republic of Congo on May 15 and Uganda to declaring it an international public health emergency two days later. By that time, the toll was notable. More than 200 people had been infected
Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and neighbouring Uganda a “public health emergency of international concern” after the virus killed nearly 90 people. The outbreak, originating in eastern DRC’s Ituri province, involves the rare
Democratic Republic of Congo and has since spread to Uganda. Nearby countries are now on alert. WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in a statement that the declaration "does not meet the criteria
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) a public health emergency of international concern on Sunday. However WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stressed in [a statement](https://www.who.int/news/item/17-05-2026-epidemic-of-ebola-disease-in-the-democratic-republic-of-the-congo-and-uganda-determined-a-public-health-emergency-of-international-concern) it "does not meet the criteria
deaths. WHO says this outbreak is caused by a rare strain of Ebola called Bundibugyo, and it could have begun months before anyone noticed. Based on past outbreaks, this particular strain seems to have
Democratic Republic of the Congo](https://www.theguardian.com/world/congo) have been stark, their calls for coordinated international action impassioned. As the country reels from the return of the [Ebola](https://www.theguardian.com/world/ebola) virus, there is growing