
Raducanu loses on return after two months out
Emma Raducanu suffers first-round defeat in Strasbourg after two-month absence

The bodies of two Italians who drowned in a scuba diving accident in the Maldives have been recovered from an underwater cave. They were part of a group involved in the incident that resulted in five fatalities.
Mentioned in this story
The bodies of two Italians who drowned in a scuba diving accident in the Maldives last week have been brought to the surface, local officials have told the BBC.
"They were retrieved from the third chamber of the underwater cave by the specialist divers from Finland after a two-hour operation," Mohamed Hossain Shareef, a Maldivian government spokesperson told the BBC.
The two bodies were being brought to the capital Male for identification.
They were among five people who died in the accident. Two bodies remain inside.
The first body of an Italian diver, who was a member of the group, was recovered shortly after Thursday's accident near Vaavu atoll. He has been named by Italian media as boat operations manager and diving instructor Gianluca Benedetti.
Then on Saturday a Maldivian rescue diver died during a search for the bodies.
The four missing divers were eventually found by Finnish divers on Monday in the chamber of the cave furthest from the entrance. Known locally as "shark cave", it is up to 60m 197 ft) deep.
The mission to recover the remaining two bodies will resume on Wednesday and a Maldivian official was hopeful they would be retrieved the same day.
Finding the bodies will provide clues as to the cause of the accident. The recovery operation has been described as complex because of the depth of the cave and the lack of space and visibility. The entrance to the cave lies at a depth of 47m but the various chambers are at varyin depths.
The weather at the time of the dive on Thursday was described as rough and a yellow warning had been issued for passenger boats and fishermen.
Four of the divers were part of a team from the University of Genoa, which told the BBC that it did not give approval for any kind of deep-sea dive as part of their scientific research.
"The requests submitted to the Maldivian authorities...were evidently made outside the scope of the mission authorised by the University," a spokesperson said.
A Maldivian government spokesperson told the BBC that the team had a permit to dive to a depth of 50m but had not mentioned the cave in their proposal.
The article does not specify the exact cause of the scuba diving accident that led to the fatalities.
The victims included Gianluca Benedetti, a diving instructor, and two other Italians whose identities have not been disclosed.
Three bodies have been recovered so far, while two remain inside the underwater cave.

Emma Raducanu suffers first-round defeat in Strasbourg after two-month absence

Tragic shooting at Islamic Center of San Diego claims five lives, including two teenage shooters.

Thailand reduces visa-free stays for tourists to 30 days, some to 15 days.

41 boats of Gaza aid flotilla intercepted by Israel, 10 continue sailing

Police watchdog investigates death of man after Bristol protest contact

Greene King sells Old Speckled Hen ale brands to Damm, owner of Estrella lager.
See every story in News — including breaking news and analysis.