
Jury dismisses all claims in Elon Musk's lawsuit against OpenAI CEO Sam Altman
Elon Musk's lawsuit against OpenAI CEO Sam Altman dismissed by jury in under two hours.

Israeli air attacks in Lebanon have killed at least five people and injured more than a dozen, despite a ceasefire extension with Hezbollah. The attacks targeted multiple municipalities, including Jouaiya, prompting forced displacement orders for residents in southern Lebanon.
Mentioned in this story
A series of Israeli air attacks on southern and eastern Lebanon has killed at least five people and injured more than a dozen, according to the Health Ministry.
Despite Israel agreeing to a ceasefire extension with Hezbollah, the attacks on Sunday included the municipalities of Tayr Felsay, Tayr Debba, Az-Zrariyah and Jebchit.
According to Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency (NNA), at least three people were also killed in a separate Israeli attack on the village of Jouaiya.
The Israeli military issued forced displacement orders to residents in the villages of Sohmor, Roumine, al-Qusaibah, Kfar Hounah and Naqoura in southern Lebanon.
“It’s been another violent day here in southern Lebanon,” reported Al Jazeera’s Obaida Hitto, from the southern city of Tyre. “As the ceasefire comes into place, we have seen the exact opposite happening with Israel intensifying its attacks,” he said.
At a cabinet meeting on Sunday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel was “holding territory, clearing territory, protecting Israel’s communities, but also fighting an enemy that is trying to outsmart us”.
Since the war resumed on March 2, at least 2,988 people have been killed and 9,210 injured in Israeli attacks across the country, the Lebanese Health Ministry said on Sunday.
Sunday’s attacks followed talks in Washington, DC, where the two countries agreed a 45-day ceasefire extension – even though the original accord which began on April 17 has never been observed.
The third round of talks in the US capital concluded after the first direct meeting in decades last month between Lebanon and Israel, which do not have diplomatic relations.
NNA reported that the ceasefire extension is intended to allow for a US-facilitated security track to begin on May 29, with the next round of talks between the two sides planned for June 2 and 3 in Washington, DC.
Hezbollah opposes direct negotiations, especially as Israeli forces continue to bomb southern Lebanon and occupy parts of it since the ceasefire.
“The direct negotiations that the authorities in Lebanon have conducted with the Israeli enemy have … led them down a dead-end path that will result in nothing but one concession after another,” Hezbollah legislator Hussein Hajj Hassan said on Sunday.
“Neither they nor anyone else will be able to carry out what the enemy wants, especially when it comes to the issue of disarming the resistance,” he said, adding that authorities were creating “very big predicaments” for the country.
On Saturday, Hezbollah said it struck a military target in northern Israel, having earlier announced several operations against Israeli forces in southern Lebanon.
The Israeli air attacks were conducted despite an agreed ceasefire extension with Hezbollah, indicating ongoing hostilities.
At least five people have been killed and more than a dozen injured due to the Israeli air attacks.
The air strikes affected several municipalities, including Tayr Felsay, Tayr Debba, Az-Zrariyah, Jebchit, and the village of Jouaiya.

Elon Musk's lawsuit against OpenAI CEO Sam Altman dismissed by jury in under two hours.

NPR restructures newsroom and cuts jobs due to budget shortfall

Since the start of Trump's second presidency, over 145,000 US children have had a parent detained by immigration authorities. The Brookings Institution report highlights the significant impact on young children, particularly those linked to Mexico, Guatemala, and Honduras.

Zayd Ayers Dohrn shares his experiences growing up underground with radical parents.

UN calls on Israel to prevent genocide in Gaza amid rising death toll

Court reveals London journalist stabbing was ordered by Iranian state agents.
See every story in News — including breaking news and analysis.
The war is having a disastrous humanitarian impact. Between March and April, more than 1.2 million people have been forced to leave their homes due to fighting, according to the Danish Refugee Council.
The conflict is pushing the economy towards breaking point. Bassem El-Bawab, head of the Lebanese Business Association, said the country has suffered more than $25bn in direct and indirect losses since Israel’s war started in 2024.
Around $12bn will be needed for reconstruction, with El-Bawab warning that the total could rise further if the conflict continues.
He added that Lebanon is losing about $30m daily in indirect economic damage, alongside the direct destruction of homes, businesses and infrastructure.